I read about 40 or so blogs a day that are written by people I consider to be friends. Every day, I read at least one post that impresses me or inspires me, makes me laugh or makes me think.
Over the Thanksgiving break, there was a day when there were no new posts from my friends, so I tweeted about it. I got a direct tweet, that said, in essence, “But Micah, you havent posted in quite awhile either.”
So, I am cheating, and every Saturday or so, I would post links to some of my favorite posts from the week before. In all honesty, I think it is better than a blogroll.
All of this links will be to posts from blogs who’s writer I know personally, some of which get tons of readers, and others that may only get a couple. Regardless the blogs are fantastic, and worth the time it takes me to read them every day.
- The Look of Complete Trust – Since I am writing recently about the facets of a successful CEO/leader, Will’s take on the importance of trust was quite provoking.
- A Day in the Life – As I have gotten to know Alex, this window into his day paints a much larger picture than just one of meticulous time management.
- Boulder: Register to Vote Now! – Andrew has defined himself by passion and community.
- Sean Taylor and the Washington Redskins – Andy writes about 360 degree love he has for his father’s memory and his children’s future. There is nothing more important to me than family.
- Stacking the Shuttle – No matter how smart I think I am, some son of a bitch always shows that assumption to be wrong. This time its Todd who gives just a small glimpse why I decided to work for someone after 5 years of not working (for someone).
- Silicon Flatirons Roundtables – see above.
- How Did We Get Our Name? – How could I not list the greatest Rock Band of all time?
- Wonderful Evening with Friends – I blame myself (slightly) for giving Tom the blogging bug, and boy has he caught it. But, with posts that show the care he has for his friends and partner Dale like this one, I look forward to my daily smile.
- When you know it’s not right . . . it isn’t – Like Todd and Brad one of the main reasons I am at Lijit, does a great job of stating my One True Rule of Life and then applying it to the VC world.
- The Social Media Rap – Shameless Self Promotion – If you do nothing else, click the listen now button. Dave worked with me at Indigio, where I hired him to be an SEO guru. He has taken the concept of personal branding to a whole new level, and if you want to see an amazing personal brand being built before your eyes, read Dave WIN-JET’s blog.