He is one of the few people that if he said, ?Micah, I have an idea and I need your help/cash,? my head would be nodding before he finished his sentence.
Now that I am done singing Alex?s praises (no cash exchanged hands, by the way, you damn cynics!), why did I bring him up?
One of Alex?s plugins is called Popularity Contest. It basically allows you to understand which posts are read, commented on, linked it, etc., not just viewed. Combining that with the stats that the Lijit plugin provides plus Google Analytics, you get a very interesting view of your content.
My Top 10 posts of 2007:
- Relationships Can Be Based On Money – Makes sense. It got picked up in Business Week.
- Confessions of an Apple Fanboy – This one was interesting. It hit the front page of Digg?s Apple page. Who knew it would be interesting to people?
- Its Alive! And It Has Babies! StartupWeekend is Six Weekends Old – I have met many people through StartupWeekend, and this post half way through StartupWeekend?s season seemed to be well received.
- Maybe the Weird Science Guys Had It Right – I was really surprised at the response at my post on my perfect woman. In the sense that 1) there was a response and 2) it was positive.
- Micah Goes Lijit – The news of my return to the Startup Life was also well received.
- Confessions of a Failed CEO – I actually thought people would find this one more interesting that the angel investing one. It got picked up on MSNBC.
- Taylor Checks Out The Neighborhood – My dog made the top 10? Jeez.
- It The People Stupid – Title says it all.
- The Unthinking Environmentalist – As a new blogger, I wanted to know what the effect was of participating in a world blog event. I chose something that was interesting, and here it is on my top ten.
- First Denver Smart Boot Recipient – Yes, there is humor in the fact that in something I was first in, it appears last on my list.
My Top Ten Incoming Searches:
- iphone flip
- iphone flip phone
- micah baldwin
- First Flip Phone
- hot yoga chicks
- startup ceo
- denver boot
- learn to duck
Which would believe that my post on losing my iPhone, The iPhone Flip Phone – First Look!, which was written both in jest and as an experiment on linkbaiting, would be my #1 post, or at least make the top ten. I wonder if there is value to the concept of “popular” being integrated into the concept of “relevant”?
Have a great 2008 everyone!